Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Diana shows the way



I went to the funeral of the mom of a friend from grade school and high school. I've been able to stay Facebook friends with both this friend and her older sister. There are not many of us who are of like minds from my school days. The funeral was a chance to pay respects and see my mom. My mom 7 aunt came from across Lake Pontchartrain - a ~40 mile drive.
When everyone went into the chapel, I just could not do the organized religion thing. So I waited outside until they were done. I wasn't sure if I should have just sucked it up and gone in and sat in the back. Then I turned and saw this lamp and was comforted by the statue of Diana. Essentially saying it's OK. Be your own woman. Be your own light.
Image Description:
Brass statue of Diana with her right hand reaching over her shoulder to a quiver of arrows and her left hand on the head of an antlered deer. No bow.
Statue is the base of a lamp on a round table with a pink marble inset top. Through the windows there is a view of a covered porch, the lawn and, the street in the background.

No comments: