Nontoxic cleaning recipes
- 2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 20-30 drops essential oil (optional)
Pour in a spray bottle. Shake before using. For really tough jobs, put in a glass container and warm until barely hot.
Creamy soft scrub
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- 4 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 5 drops anti-bacterial essential oil such as lavender, tea tree or rosemary.
Mix together and store in a sealed glass jar. Shelf life: two years.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 20-30 drops lemon essential oil
Shake well. Dip a clean, dry cloth into polish and rub wood in direction of the grain.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar
Pour baking soda down drain and follow with vinegar. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Flush with boiling water.
- 1 cup soap flakes (see directions below)
- 1/2 cup washing soda
- 1/2 cup borax
Grate pure vegetable soap with a cheese grater to make soap flakes. Mix ingredients together and store in a glass container. Use 1 tablespoon per load in warm or cold water.
Women’s Voices for the Earth